Layout of the land was required by the Charter. In accordance, a survey was made by Josiah Willard and Benjamin Bellows of Chesterfield, Westmorland, and Walpole. This was finished in March 1752.
Charter – Feb 11, 1752 (outline) Under George II
However, the French & Indian War – 1754 – 1763/4 (6th Indian War or the Seven Years War which ended at the Treaty of Paris), put off settlement of the town.
The town lot layout may have been done in 1760 – 1 as that is when the first deeds were made. There are 16 “ranges”, each range is divided into lots of 100 acres each (more or less), and having a length of 160 rods, (measured from east to west, and a breath of 100 rads. They are numbered from south to north.
The Charter proved that “town-lots” of 1-square acre should be laid out as near the center of town as the land would permit. It is not known if these lots were laid out or not. But some of the 100 acre lots are divided into half-lots or “50-acre lots”, which are designated in old deeds as “house-lots”.
Gov. Wentworth’s share was speculative, and it is unknown what happened to it. Part of it was purchased or in some way deeded to Samuel Davis. In 1780, all 300 acres were purchased by William Randall in 1780.