The D H Hurd Atlas New Hampshire is the source of this map and two of the village detail maps. Among the changes: West Chesterfield Village is now designated a post office.
For the first time, we see development around the lake, which is now called Spofford Lake. The Prospect House and Woodside Cottages are the beginning of an important tourist industry. Although indicated on the map, the Lakeview Hotel was never built. However, there may have been two cottages on the island.
Citizen’s Hall, in West Chesterfield, and Village Hall in Chesterfield Factory have been built. The two ferries across the Connecticut are shown, but not the Suspension Bridge or the road leading to it. The population of Chesterfield 1890 was 1,046.